Discover the tranquil waters of the Richmond River Nature Reserve around Ballina Island. Our River Cruises are the perfect combination of leisure with a hint of fast-paced excitement. Let us show you the sights, sounds, and wildlife that you cannot see from the shore. Our tours go through the mangrove forests, down the creeks, showcasing the richly diverse flora and fauna unique to this region along the way.
Learn about wildlife, local points of interest & history of the area from our Marine Biologist guide. Many rare birds and sea creatures such as dolphins can be spotted along the river, and for real nature lovers, it can be quite a thrill to see these animals in real life and up close.
Sit back and bask in a glorious sunset as you enjoy complimentary beverages, locally made sweet & savoury delights, chilled tunes & the sounds of nature.Beautiful sunset views are a treat from the boat, and for photography lovers, this makes for the prime opportunity to get some rare, beautiful shots to bring back with you.
Our trips cater to groups large and small and are perfect for children and adults. Whether you and a loved one are looking for an intimate evening out on the river, or you want to teach your kids more about Australian wildlife, our tours can cater to your group’s specific needs. Relaxing, exciting, and informative, our cruises will let you experience the natural landscape and the river like never before.
- 2 complimentary cold beverages, locally made sweet & savoury delights, drinking water & weather jackets provided. Please bring your hat, sunnies, camera & your sense of adventure!
- We provide a free shuttle service from Byron Bay & Lennox Head designated pick up points.
- Regular afternoon departures. Available from December until June.
- Minimum numbers apply (6)
- 48 hour Cancellation Policy.
- No minimum age requirement. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
The vessel departs from Ballina at Lance Ferris Wharf, 12 Fawcett Street (directly in front of the Wharf Bar & Restaurant).
• Free return shuttles depart from Byron Bay & Lennox Head designated pick-up points or simply meet us down there.