- Duration: 8 Days (approx.)
- Product code: 20UMA8
Uluru to Alice Springs via MacDonnell Ranges Haasts Bluff Palm Valley Kings Canyon Tours 8 Days
Easy Comfy Camping or Accommodated
Overnights at Uluru 2N, Kings Canyon, Glen Helen 2N, Palm Valley, Alice Springs ie 7 nights
Reverse itinerary shown and also available – please askAlice Springs to Uluru via Palm Valley & Mereenie Loop Track Tour includes – Stanley Chasm, Simpson’s Gap, Palm Valley, Hermannsburg, MacDonnell Ranges including Ormiston Gorge, Larapinta Trail, Glen Helen, Papunya Art Centre, Haasts Bluff, Gosse Bluff, Mereenie Loop, Kings Canyon, Kata Tjuta (Olgas), Uluru (Ayers Rock), Aboriginal rock art, visit Aboriginal art centres.
Relax and Revitalise your creative self in the clear and nurturing energies of the Central Deserts of Australia’s Heartlands … This journey is an opportunity to reflect, honour and develop deeper relationships with the land, each other, and with the traditional Aboriginal caretakers, songmasters, singers and dancers from the land we travel. We experience extraordinary landscapes, and sacred sites, and walk, rest and relax in these special places.
The 8 day and 5 day tours travel some similar areas – except the 8 day includes 1st night in Alice Springs (or Uluru) hotel, 1 overnight at Palm Valley, 1 extra night (2 total) at Glen Helen allowing more time to explore the Western MacDonnell Ranges and to visit Hassts Bluff and Papunya local Aboriginal art communities.
8 Days Alice Springs to Ayers Rock / Uluru Tours
via MacDonnell Ranges & Mereenie Track Tour details
or reverse Ayers Rock / Uluru to Alice Springs via MacDonnell Ranges & Mereenie Track Tour
Day 1 – Flights arrive Alice Springs around lunchtime. We collect you at airport for hotel check-in and free time in
Alice Springs. Explore the Araluen Cultural Precinct or Desert Park. Evening group gathering and debrief, before evening meal and overnight at resort accommodation.
Day 2 – We depart Alice Springs 9am and head west on the Larapinta Drive for an easy walk in the peaceful energies of Simpsons Gap and Stanley Chasm – where we likely meet some rock wallabies. After morning tea we travel on to visit the Hermannsburg Mission, the source of so many beautiful artworks of the central deserts. We visit Albert Namatjira’s house before winding our way up the ancient Finke River bed to Palm Valley where Albert Namatjira’s paintings were so inspired. There’s time for some great sunset photos of this stunning landscape before a relaxing sunset and overnight camp at Palm Valley (unless accommodated then Glen Helen or Alice Springs).
– Today we take a morning walk in this eerie and ancient Palm Valley, viewing Livingstonia palm trees and unique landforms only seen here – watch out for dinosaurs. Leaving Palm Valley, we drive on following the Caterpillar songline of the MacDonnell Ranges and enjoy a relaxing day of short walks and great energy and scenery at various gorges including Serpentine Gorge, Ellery Big Hole. The Ochre Pits offer an insight into local customs before overnight at Glen Helen gorge – and a welcome swim before dinner. Dinner own cost at resort restaurant .
Day 4 –
Enjoy a morning swim before we head out to Haasts Bluff and Papunya Art centre communities to meet the artists and appreciate the stunning spectacle and real beauty of these central desert landscapes. Here you can buy Aboriginal art from source at best prices. On return, we take a peaceful and reflective walk in beautiful Ormiston Gorge and witness Mt Sonder’s changing colours at sunset. Overnight Glen Helen.
– Leaving the MacDonnell Ranges behind, we head west then south on the 4WD Mereenie Loop track through spectacular Central Deserts landscapes via sweeping views from Tyler’s Pass of the comet crater known as Gosse
Bluff(Tnorala). We enter the crater and spent some quiet time here with a short walk to a lookout where the dimensions of time, space and your place in the Universe can be appreciated in a new perspective. After a cuppa tea, marveling at nature’s power, we travel on via the Gardiner Range, the Camels Hump and Katapata Pass to our Kings Canyon Resort camp.
Day 6 – Our time for morning walks at Kings Canyon allows for the 3 hours (6 km) over the top via the “Garden
of Eden” and the spectacular north and south walls or a shorter walk option is also available). After a delicious and well earned lunch we cruise the 3 hour drive to Uluru, visiting Curtin Springs before arriving at Yulara resort and Uluru sunset viewing. Overnight Uluru.
– An early start for Uluru at sunrise and a nearby breakfast. Opportunity for morning walk and quiet time at sacred waterholes and gorges. Experience a “welcome to country” and an introduction to the area at the local Aboriginal Anangu cultural centre. After lunch and a relax, enjoy an afternoon Kata Tjuta (Olga’s) walk. Overnight Uluru.
Dinner own cost at local restaurant
Day 8 – Enjoy a hearty breakfast or alternatively enjoy the resort facilities or more time for walks or just relaxing with the power of Uluru. Transport available to airport for flight connections. Tour ends 9am after breakfast for flights home or road transport to Alice Springs available. Most flights depart Uluru before or around lunchtime. Become part of the re-creation of country and culture. Discover new understandings from times beginning. This is a small group adventure learning journeys … connecting and re-creating with the land and locals.
- Small boutique group in modern 4 wheel drive vehicles – Landcruisers or similar
- Professional and experienced driver / guides
- Long established relationships with local Aboriginal people enriches experiences
- Experience the high energy of rock art, sacred sites and songlines
- All delicious meals, including vegetarian options, unless noted in itinerary.
- Accommodated sleeping or luxury camping. Camp gear includes stretcher, mattress & linen.
- All World Heritage and National Park entry and accommodation fees
- Aboriginal Art community visits for “direct from artist” purchases
- Contributions of tour price supports Outback Kids and nature care programs.
- A knowing that you are co-creating Australia’s future.
- You – and Your involvement in a creation much bigger than most can imagine
Learn practical skills –
- Bush foods & medicine and survival skills for self and team survival and thrival
- Rock art symbols
- Understanding songlines & sacred sites
Consider allowing time before or after the the tour to stay in Alice Springs and see more of the rich sights such as Royal Flying Doctor Service, School of the Air, Overland Telegraph Station, Araluen Art & Cultural Centre, Air or Transport Museum, Aboriginal Art galleries, Alice Springs Desert Park.
Tour Includes delicious meals, all fees, professional guides, luxury 4WD transport, comfy camping + 1 night resort accommodation included. For 5 nights motel / hotel accommodation upgrade add $995 per twin share / double room. For 7 nights add $1980 per person – includes hotel meals. Other options available – Please Ask
Book Early & SAVE